The Gym...



About a week ago I finally went to the gym with my wife. She started going to this gym by our house a few years ago and LOVES IT! (Side note: I'm so proud of her for sticking with it over these past few years! That's takes discipline and strength!) On Saturdays they allow couples to work out together for free which meant on that Saturday I went with her. I had been before, however I wasn't expecting to get the but kicking I received. 

After we finished our workout (aka, death) and I was able to get myself off the floor, we talked with the gym owners for a few minutes. My wife explained to them that I was training for a Spartan Race and shocked to find out that they were going to be participating in the same thing. Well, kind of...They had actually signed up for the Spartan Sprint (3-4 miles and 15 obstacles). I was signed up for the Spartan Super (8-10 miles and 20+ obstacles). They were impressed, however concerned all at the same time and now I was too. If the owners of a gym weren't signed up to do the Super, what the heck was I thinking! They gave me some tips to working out specifically my upper body and wished me luck. 

This past week I looked back over my training regiment for this race and thought I should up the workouts a little. If I'm going to make it in this race, I better be prepared for it. 

I have been really trying hard to prepare and work out as best as I can. Since the beginning of the year I've set some really lofty goals and have surprised myself with how far I've come. With all that being said, I feel healthier and have more energy then I've had in 10 years. (I'm only in my 30's) 

The other day my wife received a text from one of the gym owners saying that they would love to have me come and workout with them any time free of charge until the Spartan Race! Did you get that FREE OF CHARGE!!! I was ecstatic! What a blessing to be able to work out for free. Part of the reason I don't go to the gym is the cost. I know it's worth it, but I just can't seem to find that extra money at this point in my life. 

Regardless, I have been given an amazing opportunity to join with people that are going to challenge me and help me achieve a goal. I'm pumped! I hope I can encourage them and help them in some way as well! 

The bible says that "everyone should look out not only for his own interest, but also for the interest of others." (Philippians 2:4) I what Jesus says in Luke 6:38 as well, "give to others and God will give to you. Indeed you will receive a full measure, a generous helping poured into your hands-all that you can hold. The measure you use for others is the one that God will use for you." 

Who are you helping out today? Who are you helping achieve goals? Who are you pouring into with the love of Christ? 

Denzel Washington said, "At the end of the day it's not about what you have or even what you've accomplished...it's about who you've lifted up, who you've made better. It's about what you've given back." 

Where can you give back today? Who can you inspire to be the best they can be? (Comment Below)

Have an uplifting day, for yourself and for someone else!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparation...

Training...

Stuck...