Training...



The Peachtree Road Race is tomorrow...

Ask me if I'm ready...YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!

Here's why...

I've been training for this 10k since the beginning of the year. I've really been training for longer then that. I put together a training schedule at the beginning of the year and even though my 10k was supposed to be on July 1st, I believe the Peachtree will be sufficient. 10k equals 6.2 miles and in the middle of the summer it will be a little tough.

I am currently running nearly 3 miles a day and a few weeks ago ran two 10k's in one week. I kept them both in less than an hour and hope to do the same tomorrow if all goes well.

Even though I've been training for the past 6 months, I'm still a little nervous. I don't know exactly what to expect. Last Thanksgiving my family (and Awesome Texas Family) ran/walked the Dallas Turkey Trot which was just a 5k. It was the largest race I have ever been a part of with around 25,000 participants. The Peachtree is roughly 50,000 or double the size. I believe it's the worlds largest 10k!

I'm extremely pumped to run and I know I'm ready, however I still feel there's more to running this race then just the actual running aspect.

Here are some things I've learned while training for this race...
1. Get a nice new pair of shoes.
2. Go to bed early if I'm going to get up early.
3. Eat good healthy meals and not junk food.
4. Drink lots of Water.
5. Don't let a little rain, darkness, or heat keep you from running.

There's a lot more I could add to this list, however I wanted to highlight some of the big ones. Training involves more then just your running. It's a whole body approach. You have to adjust your time, energy, food intake, sleep patterns, and lifestyle. This pattern doesn't have to be just about training for a 10k. It can be about training for the race of life as well!

1 Timothy 4:7-8 says, "Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

We not only have to train for the things of this world, but dig deep into our souls for the training of the Holy Spirit. If you want to talk more about this, comment below.

Muhammad Ali said, "I hated every minute of training, but I said 'don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"

What are your training for? You're training for something whether you know if or not. If your not training for anything, you're training to fail.

Michael Johnson said, "There's a difference between training for a specific event and goal, and just training."

What are you training for? (comment below)

What is holding you back? Make a goal, put together a plan and start training today! You only have one life. How are you living it? What do you want to accomplish and how will you need to training to accomplish those goals? Get up now and start training today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparation...

Stuck...