10 Years...


10 Years...Wow!!!

10 yeas ago today I married my best friend! Love you babe! This blogs for you!!!

I got up early and went running as I usually do, however this morning was a little different. As I was going down the final hill towards my house I had this great idea. I thought why not run a 10k this morning to honor the 10 years I've been married to my beautiful wife? Sounded like a good idea to me so I ran right by the house and back out for another 3.1 miles.

As I was running I thought about the past 10 years and the journey it has been. Marriage is a lot like running. There are ups and downs, days you want to do it and days you don't. There are times you'll hurt and times you'll really thrive. You'll fight up some hills and coast down some as well. You'll experience beautiful things at the top of the mountain and muck through the puddles at the bottom.

Marriage isn't easy, but nothing worth fighting for ever is. I believe marriage only gets better the longer you are in it. I was 23 when I got married...ironic we got married on the 23rd, hmmmm...I didn't know exactly what I was getting myself into, however I knew God wanted me to be with this women and that He would be there to guide me along the way.

Claire (my wife) is an amazing women! She has put up with and prayed for me during my darkest hours. She's challenged me to be the best husband, father and man of God I can be. She is an incredible mother, wife, friend, daughter, daughter in-law, sister in Christ and woman of God.

The Bible says in Ephesians 5:25, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her."

Dave Willis said, "Love your spouse more than you love your career, hobbies and money. That other stuff can't love you back."

I've seen this quote and read this verse numerous times before, and honestly haven't been the best at following it. Claire, I promise to work hard and do my best in the years to come.

I have won a few awards in my life, even one recently placing first in a 5k trail run; however, NOTHING compares to the Award of being Married to Claire for the past 10 years! It has been a award I don't deserve. The love she continues to give to me, her family, friends and the world is admirable. This award however, is one I earned with my heart. It's an award Claire and I share. It's an award both of us work hard at and practice every day for. We are teammates in this marriage thing and will continue to fight for back-to-back championships every year!

Claire, I love you! I can't wait to see what the next 10 years holds and the 10+ years after that!

Love you babe!
-David <><

"A happy marriage is about three things: memories of togetherness, forgiveness of mistakes, and a promise to never give up each other." -Surahbi Surendra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning...

Training...

Pieces...