Goals Shouldn't Be Easy...



I LOVE this quote by Rhonda Byrne when she says "set a goal so big that if you achieved it, it would blow your mind." 

About a year ago I started running. At first I could barely run on the treadmill for 5 minutes without cramping up or getting a burning sensation in my legs. I started slowly with the goal of running a 5k a few months later. I ran my first 5k (since I was in College) and actually placed first. It wasn't the fastest time and there weren't a lot of male participants in my age bracket, however that's besides the point. (LOL) 

I kept running and have come a long way. My goal is to run a half marathon this year (2017) and then a full marathon next year (2018). I also have a goal to participate in a Spartan Race this year which I have planned for in October. I started this week off with a 10k around the neighborhood and surrounding area and ended my week with another 10k same location. This week I've put down roughly 17+ miles. I haven't achieved my goal yet, however I'm working at it and it's getting closer each and every day. 

I want to encourage you today to keep going, keep pushing forward! 

If you don't have a goal set, set one! If you need some help doing that, let me know in the comments below! 

Jill Koenig says this, "A goal worth having, is worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it."

This is so true! I get up every morning at 4:50am so I can put miles down before the day gets started! I'm not at a marathon yet, but I'm getting closer each day the alarm clocks rings and I actually get my butt up! 

I'm not a huge fan of the movie and quite frankly think it's extremely vulgar, however in The Wolf of Wall Street Leonardo DiCaprio says, "the only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit  story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it." 

Is this you? Are you telling yourself you can't achieve something? Is it because it's too hard, or will take to much time? Or is it because you truly don't think you can achieve it? 

Whatever that is, you need to change that mentality. 

1 Chronicles 4:10 says, "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be awarded." 

The problem is, most of us give up in our heads before we even get started. Things get a little difficult and we give up. We have a few set backs or problems and we just shut down. DON'T GIVE UP!!! Keep pushing forward! Keep striving to be better! 

Vince Lombardi said, "The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there." 

Set your goals high and EXPECT them to be difficult! A goal should be difficult! It should be something that challenges you! Expect that and overcome the pain! The mountain top view is way better then the valley you're in now. Keep moving forward and working hard! Each day is a new challenge and another day to get better! Don't give up! 

"A goal should scare you a little, and excite you a lot." -Joe Vitale

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparation...

Training...

Stuck...