Preparation...



This week has been seemed to go by a little slower then the others...

Maybe it's because it's been raining on and off all week or because it's the summer and that's just how it is. I haven't had a whole lot to do at work and for the most part my house has stayed clean. The normal things I do every week are done, so now what do I do?

Prepare...but prepare for what?

If you have set your goals and are pursuing them, you can start there and begin to prepare to accomplish those things.

One of my GOALS for this year is to run in a Spartan Race, so on Fathers Day I "bit the bullet" and  signed up. I was planning on signing up for the sprint race (4-6 miles), however the coupon I had only covered the full race (8-10 miles). These races aren't cheap so I figured why not go for it and just prepare a little harder. Good thing it isn't until October 21st and I have a good bit of time to prepare!

What are you preparing for?

If you have a goal that doesn't require any preparation, then I would suggest rethinking that goal.

I have roughly 120 days to prepare for the Spartan Race which I hope will be more than enough time. I have been running for several months now and can do 6 miles fairly easily. I've added a spartan workout routine to my evening schedule to work on my upper body and core. There are several more things I know I'll need to do to prepare, however I'm on the right track.

I am also going back to school to get a Masters Degree this fall and have already starting to prepare for this as well. I've added reading into my daily routine as well as blog writing to brush up on my typing and writing skills.

Alexander Graham Bell said, "Before anything else, preparation is the key to success."

Paul (Bear) Bryant said, "It's not the will to win that matters. Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

You see if we are going to be successful with our goals, we must prepare to achieve them. I'm not going to sit on the couch for 120 days while I wait for this race. I'm going to prepare!

What are you doing right now that is preparing you for your goals? If you don't have goals, what are you doing right now that is preparing you for ______________________ (fill in the blank). The blank may very well be your first goal!

One of my favorite teachings in the bible comes from Luke 14 verses 28-30. It says, "For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, 'This man began to build and was not able to finish."

I don't want people to mock me for not finishing and I'm sure you don't either! When I was 19 I told a friend I would hike the 2,179 mile Appalachian Trail. So...a few months later I had to start. I worked my tail off to plan and prepare and finished the thru-hike in just 5 months.

You can do anything you prepare enough for!

Benjamin Franklin once said, "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."

What are you preparing for? (Comment Below)

Don't fail! PREPARE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning...

Training...

Stuck...